The City of Melcher-Dallas currently has an opening for Animal Control.
This is a contract position through the City.
- Respond to calls from the public in a timely manner regarding stray animals.
- Deal with the public on a professional level.
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance when on a call.
- Humanely care for all animals in the City’s holding facility per State and City Code.
- Post information of pets that are impounded including description and picture of the animal.
- Accurately keep records for intake and release of animals.
- Prepare monthly reports for council on impounded animals.
- Transport animals to appropriate facility after holding time has expired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug testing, criminal history and background check.
Please submit a resume and three professional references to City Hall.
Position will remain open until filled.