The latest available estimate (July 2016) by the U.S. Census Bureau of Melcher-Dallas’ population is 1254.
Located in Marion County, Melcher-Dallas is approximately 32 miles South East of the state capitol Des Moines.
We are also:
25.5 miles SE of Indianola
15.8 miles SW of Knoxville
25 miles SW of Lake Red Rock
45 miles NW of Rathbun Lake
Dallas was established in 1845, and was first called Ohio, because many of the early settlers that came to work in the coal mines were from the state of Ohio.
Melcher was established directly south of Dallas in 1913, and named after one of the Rock Island Railroad’s executives.
The two towns merged in 1986 and celebrate ‘Merger Day’ each May.
Home of the Saints, our K-6 building is in Dallas and 7-12 building is in Melcher.